Hi,

I need help to understand the implications of public versus private.

I have source code that I only want specific users to be able to see.
Do I make the repo for it public or private?

How public is public? You seem to have to log in to access any repo
URL.

I created a test user and he sees all projects (= bad) and in these he
sees all public repos (= also bad). Is there no way to have a user see
only specific repos that he has been activated on?

How should I structure this? Ideally I would want only a few people
from a core team to have write access, and only specific users should
have read access. But they should be able to submit merge requests
with changes.

best regards

Oliver Drobnik
COCOANETICS