I've refreshed and re-run upgrade.sh once again, there were some changed after last time I checked.

Run ts as git user, getting this:

-bash-4.1$ cd /var/www/gitorious/app
-bash-4.1$ RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake ts:start

WARNING! No value set for exception_recipients in gitorious.yml.
Will not be able to send email regarding unhandled exceptions
Failed to start searchd daemon. Check
/var/www/gitorious/app/log/production.searchd.log.
Failed to start searchd. Check the log files for more information.

Log:
[Wed Apr  9 22:22:47.929 2014] [ 1618] WARNING: id32 index loaded by id64
binary; attributes converted
[Wed Apr  9 22:22:47.929 2014] [ 1618] WARNING: index 'project_core': lock:
failed to lock /var/www/gitorious/app/db/sphinx/production/project_core.spl:
Resource temporarily unavailable; NOT SERVING
[Wed Apr  9 22:22:47.929 2014] [ 1618] WARNING: id32 index loaded by id64
binary; attributes converted
[Wed Apr  9 22:22:47.929 2014] [ 1618] WARNING: index 'repository_core': lock:
failed to lock /var/www/gitorious/app/db/sphinx/production/repository_core.spl:
Resource temporarily unavailable; NOT SERVING
[Wed Apr  9 22:22:47.929 2014] [ 1618] FATAL: no valid indexes to serve
[Wed Apr  9 22:22:47.929 2014] [ 1617] Child process 1618 has been finished,
exit code 1. Watchdog finishes also. Good bye!

-bash-4.1$ ls -al
/var/www/gitorious/app/db/sphinx/production/repository_core.spl
-rw------- 1 git git 0 Apr  9 22:23
/var/www/gitorious/app/db/sphinx/production/repository_core.spl

Thanks,
Roman