Pam, when you say what we need is to simply connect these people like in
Oke-Ogun (Nigeria) which connectivity technologies are you referring to?
Telephone only? Roads, Telephone and email? Shared web access?

I work for ActionAid Africa and we are very interested in discussing
with any of you about the way forward in promoting ICTs for deprived
poor peoples: the rural poor, urban slum poor, women and the physically
disabled. We believe a convergence of these technologies should be the
way forward. Radio is supplementing a lot of the efforts at connecting
the unconnected for a better access to information for the participation
of the poor in economic, social, political, and cultural life of the
planet.

Mahmud Daud
13 La Tebu Street
P.O. Box 19083