I would like to react as follows to Lee Thorn's comments on
sustainability and profitability:

For any project or venture to be successful, there has to be a return on
investment, tangible or intangible. Without this, the initiative is
deemed unproductive and hence a waste.

Preferably, for sustainability, at least the variable cost should be
covered fully. If it covers either a part or fully the fixed cost, it is
ideal.

If it can also cover the "opportunity cost", there is the possibility of
creating other better income generating opportunities in lieu of doing
the current project, then there is motivation to continue and scale up
the project. This is what is termed as profit by others.

I don't know, if I am right or wrong.

I would like to benefit by others' opinions.

Kris Dev (Krishnan)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://ll2b.blogspot.com