Some friends working with Amartya Sen are doing some interesting
modeling of benefits of development using his 'development as freedom'
model. There is a large and growing community of both activists and
folks working with the World Bank, IMF, UN, etc., working on it. I will
be glad to connect folks to that community. It's high volume email
traffic, but lots of interest and intensity.

On 12/9/04, "Peter Burgess" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There was a point in my career when I used the newly invented
> spreadsheet technology to build village models. Because of memory
> constraints, I recall we had to use a lot of linked sheets! But the
> results were very interesting.
>
> I am now rethinking these models...but instead of me doing the thinking,
> I thought I would ask you what village or community development models
> you are already using.

..snip...

Kevin Jones

The Anglican Malaria Project: