I don't have any successful cases, but as I see in our context in
Cameroun, Access is a critical success factor. Access in terms of
infrastructure, access in terms of cost of service and access in terms
of literacy rate of the populations, access in terms of cultural
barriers.

On 5/2/05, Global Knowledge Dev. Moderator asked:

..snip...

> Key Questions:
>
> 1) What are the 'critical success factors' for using ICT to support
> decentralization and improve local governance?
>
> 2) Which ICT interventions deliver the greatest benefit in improving
> local government services?
>
> 3) What cases demonstrate the use of ICT to support successful
> decentralization, empower local communities and improve local
> governance?
>
> 4) What actions are essential for using ICT to support successful
> decentralization, i.e., what are the 'critical success factors'?
>
> 5) What are the risks and pitfalls of using ICT to support
> decentralization?
>
> 6) Are there particular local government functions (e.g., fiscal
> management, service delivery, procurement) that lend themselves
> particularly well to using ICT?
>
> 7) How can ICTs in the hands of citizens help empower them to enforce
> responsive local government?

Sylvie SIYAM,

PROTEGE QV Coordinator,

P.O. Box 4888, YAOUNDE, CAMEROON,