I have knocked up a quick fix for Faebot to check all GWT uploads, see
if they have a non-existent {{creator}} links and replace it.

Example:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Double_Page_Plate_No._1-_%28Bounded_by_Nostrand_Avenue,_Malbone_Street,_Canarsie_Avenue,_Sterling_Street,_Brooklyn_Avenue,_Lefferts_Street,_Kingston_Avenue,_East_New_York_Avenue,_East_45th_NYPL1517494.tiff&diff=123224718&oldid=123122278

I'll get Faebot to run through the entire set in a bit. I'll not run
this automatically, so drop a note on my talk page if you need it to
re-run due to a new GWT upload. Once the bug is fixed this should be
irrelevant.

Fae

On 5 May 2014 13:21, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 May 2014 13:01, Hans Muller <j.m.mul...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>>     Author Creator:Bert en Lilian Mellink Pieter Christiaansz Bor
>
> This is a bug that has been a problem on my NYPL uploads (which I have
> yet to fix). What *probably* should be happening, is that the <author>
> field should be checked for a possible match to a {{creator}}
> template, and the template *then* used. Unfortunately it seems to use
> it for everything instead.
>
> No quick fix, this needs to be reported as a bug and fixed for
> everyone. If when you have completed your uploads you leave me a
> prompt on my Commons talk page with a link to your parent category for
> uploads, I can let Faebot do the tidy-up as a housekeeping job (or you
> could use a tool like VisualFileChange to fix them); I'd probably get
> around to it within a day of your request.
>
> Fae
> --
> fae...@gmail.com https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fae

Personal and confidential, please do not circulate or re-quote.