The Flickr2Commons sounds interesting and I will def look into that.

I also think it is better to cut up the job a bit (more): 500 or 1000 objects
per upload is spreading the eggs a bit more and is easier to keep track off. So
I think my solution for next time will be to upload a set in smaller pieces.
But if there is a pattern or unexplained drop-out: I will post it immediately!

Best wishes,
Lizzy