Hello all,

I want to try to localize the problems occurring when using a gcc-2.95 compiled
ghc-4.04. As I stated in a recent mail, the bug seems to be somewhere in the
runtime system/libraries.

For a test, I want to compile the whole ghc including all libraries to .hc
files. For one version, I'll use gcc-2.95, for the other egcs-1.1.2 (aka
egcs-2.91.66). However, I don't fully understand the Make configuration of ghc,
so is there a way to tell make and ghc to keep intermediate .hc files? Just
adding -keep-hc-file-too to GhcHcOpts in mk/config.mk.in doesn't work.

How do the glasgow people create the .hc files for a bootstrapping source
release?

Kili