[ redirected to ghu ]

"Frank A. Christoph" wrote:
> I wrote:
> >  * A more pressing point is that GHC is tied to x86 machines at
> >    moment, see e.g. MBlock.c or Adjustor.c.
> It is? I thought these were only relevant for the FFI.

OK, I was a little vague: MBlock.c is needed by the RTS in any case
and *guesses* a free region in virtual memory for most architectures.
Most guesses seem to be quite good, though. Adjustor.c is only
necessary for foreign export dynamic, so most programs (if not
written by Manuel or me :-) won't notice the omission, but it is
exactly this kind of tiny differences between platforms SuSE tries
to avoid.

Cheers,
   Sven
--
Sven Panne                                        Tel.: +49/89/2178-2235
LMU, Institut fuer Informatik                     FAX : +49/89/2178-2211