Just an aside: Due to some pushing on my part Hugs98 made it onto
the SuSE distribution (6.2), but none of the Glasgow fptools. There
are two reasons for this:

   * SuSE's internal way of building packages makes a self-compiling
     program like GHC a little bit hard to integrate. But this is a
     solvable problem, either via some hand-made GHC or *.hc files.

   * A more pressing point is that GHC is tied to x86 machines at
     moment, see e.g. MBlock.c or Adjustor.c. SuSE has a Linux
     version for Alpha, too, and includes packages only if they
     work on *both* platforms.

So my question is: Is there an Alpha aficionado out there to fill
these holes in GHC? It would be nice if GHC were included in a
mainstream Linux distribution.

Cheers,
   Sven
--
Sven Panne                                        Tel.: +49/89/2178-2235
LMU, Institut fuer Informatik                     FAX : +49/89/2178-2211