Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
Hello John,

Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 3:25:35 AM, you wrote:

FWIW ginsu and DrIFT both use make and don't use ghcs --make feature. I
find this can be faster once your projects grow beyond a certain size as
it takes ghc a while to figure out which files need to be rebuilt with
--make

if that is due to the time of reading .hi files, my alternative Binary
library should help in some future

I'd be suprised if you could improve on GHC's binary library. Using BinMem (reading/writing directly to memory), GHC's binary library is about as fast as it gets. I'm sure yours wins when dealing with files, though.