Christian Maeder wrote:
Simon Marlow wrote:

This bit of Makefile code is possibly going wrong for you:

   -include $(shell echo $(ProjectDirectory) | tr A-Z a-z)/mk/config.mk
   -include $(shell echo $(ProjectDirectory) | tr A-Z a-z)/mk/version.mk

you're right!

Try this instead:

  $ make Project=Ghc ProjectDirectory=ghc show VALUE=GhcBinDistDirs

from the top level.

This shows the values correctly now.

Maybe that tr command doesn't work on Solaris?

When I replace "tr A-Z a-z" with

  tr "[:upper:]" "[:lower:]"

(taken from "man tr') 'gmake binary-dist' works for me now, too.

I'm rolling and uploading the 6.4.2 bits now, and this patch didn't make it in, sorry. We can put together a patchset for building on Solaris and make it available separately. Can you send me a working patch? Did the DriverState patch I posted earlier work?