On 10/08/2008, at 05:38, Don Stewart wrote:

Instead, if we just use ubiquitous, common tools -- like git -- for
everything, we minimise the pain for people, and sit firmly in the
mainstream of open source.

While I agree with this in general, I'm not sure it really applies to vcs (especially darcs) all that much. I don't think anyone who has ever worked with a vcs will need more than a day to learn how to use darcs (or any other sane vcs, for that matter). Really, the problem with darcs is not that it is not mainstream; rather, it's just that it simply doesn't work sometimes.

Roman