On Jul 15, 2009, at 00:42 , Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) wrote:
I don't believe my server receives 1024 connections at once. So, I guess
file descriptors leak.

IIRC finalization of file handles is delayed, so there is effectively a leak in the runtime where unused file descriptors don't get freed until the Handle itself is garbage collected due to memory (i.e. the runtime makes no attempt to collect unreferenced file handles per se).

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu