Simon Marlow:
On 24/09/2009 23:54, Barney Stratford wrote:
I've tried just letting the dynamic linker (dyld) sort everything out
for us, but this failed because not all symbols are dynamically linked,
and the statically linked ones are invisible to it.

One change that will be necessary in any case: towards the end of
rts/Linker.c, change
case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED:
ASSERT(reloc->r_pcrel);
thing += value - baseValue;
break;

case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED:
case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED_1:
case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED_2:
case X86_64_RELOC_SIGNED_4:
ASSERT(reloc->r_pcrel);
thing += value - baseValue;
break;

Manuel, maybe you could validate and push this one?

I am happy to take care of funnelling Barney's changes into the main repo. However, I think there was at least one more mentioned in another email.

Barney, do you have a comprehensive set of the changes that you made (ideally against the HEAD repo, or a nightly snapshot, but if that's difficult, then against 6.10)? And did you try to run the testsuite http://darcs.haskel.org/testsuite with the compiler that you generated?

Manuel