On 22 Aug 2012, at 16:13, Brandon Allbery wrote:

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Philip Holzenspies
So, there are many things people read in the proposal that I didn't want to put
in, but the things I very much do want to include get lost in translation also.
I wanted to allow the GHC source itself to be written in markdown.

If the existing source tree is using one form of markup, changes and additions
should really be consistent with what's already there instead of introducing a
new kind of markup.  This could actually be *more* disruptive.

The point was that quite a bit of the GHC source has markdown-like things in
it, using LaTeX-style code-fencing, but LaTeX-incompatible markup (like
underlining section with ~~~~~).

Ph.