Yes, so I added a sleep 5 in the init script right before the startup of the
daemon here:

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --oknodo --pidfile $PIDFILE --startas $DAEMON
-- -p $PIDFILE $GLUSTERD_OPTS

and yes it works. So this is a workaround but IMHO this should get fixed into
the Debian package. Anyone from Gluster reading this?

I've cc'ed the init script's authors just in case.

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 3:53 PM, Claudio Kuenzler <c...@claudiokuenzler.com>