Hi Rupert,

If you try RMDA (or work on the older, now removed RMDA code in glusterfs that
use(d) ibverbs, be aware that there was a glitch, at least as of glusterfs
v3.12.7:
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-May/034135.html
<https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-May/034135.html>   A
directory with tens of thousands of files did not show all directory entries.)
I couldn't fix this back then and instead switched to ipoib.  Although the
measured per-file bandwith back then was better with RDMA than with ipoib by
about 50%, I stayed with ipoib because in the aggreate bandwith (many clients
reading many files simultaneously) it didn't make a difference.  (Our
bottlenecks are elsewhere, not in the network bandwidth between server and
client.) I've used ipoib since then to run a glusterfs with more than 2 PB and
haven't had serious problems so far.

best wishes,
Stefan

________