Erik,

There is only ever one copy of a message in your box, and there is only one
box.  GMail doesn't have folders, it's all in one.  Labels are just like
quick searches, and "inbox" is just another.

So you accidentally added an inbox label to all your sent mail.  You don't
want to delete it, just remove the inbox label.  Try a search for
"label:sent label:inbox"... this should be all the messages with both
labels. Then you can just remove the inbox label.