On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 3:59 AM, bill hansen <billhansen2...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Marko - and others - I just found an extension which can be added to
> T-bird, which allows Gmail contacts to be synch'd with T-bird. It seems to
> work perfectly. Now, when I get time to do that backup and view it -

Which extension are you using Bill, SOGo connector? I believe that the
Mozilla team are busy re-writing the address book completely and will
include support for CardDAV (which is the open standard supported by Gmail).

If you would also like to sync your calendar, there is the Lightning add-on
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/ which I
believe supports CalDAV

--
Marko