Diane,

When you turn on 2 step verification, it is enabled everywhere.

The only thing to consider for IE on your computer is whether or not you
want to stop requiring verification codes for that browser, i.e., whether
you want Google to accept that you trust login attempts from that browser.

If you're not using IE to login to your Google account then don't bother to
trust it.  You don't need to establish that browser trust for a browser you
don't use.  If anything you want to minimize the number of
browsers/computers you trust to match only those that you actually use..

The fact that you use sbcglobal.net from that browser is irrelevant. That's
logging into your sbcglobal.net account, not logging into your Google
account.

Kenneth

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 10:41 PM DEP/Dodo <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Very good question for me to consider, Kenneth.  I have loggged into
> Google via both browsers only lately to experiment.  Your last sentence is
> very helpful to me.  But it brings up a new question.  My recovery e-mail
> address is the *sbcglobal.net <http://sbcglobal.net> * one I have
> mentioned previously.  It's easiest for me to access it via IE than FF.  I
> won't go into what I think is the reason.  Anyway, I think that indicates
> that I should set up 2-step for my account in IE.
>
> *~Diane*
>

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Kenneth Ayers <justkenn...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Diane,
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:26 PM, Diane <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone:
>>>
>>> It has been suggested to me that if I really want to trust a computer, I
>>> will have to sign into my Google account from all of the browsers that my
>>> computer has.  I *occasionally* use IE and FF.  Should I do that?
>>>

>> But do you occasionally use IE and FF to access Gmail or Google groups or
>> anything else that requires you to be logged into Google?  If not then
>> there's no point in signing in just for the sake of establishing trust on
>> those browsers.
>>
>> Kenneth
>>
>  --

Regards,