Another thank you for this info, Jeff.  The phone is a Samsung Galaxy, and
the online user's manual discusses locking techniques that I just haven't
had time yet to read.  Mention is made of a PIN or password or connecting
lines and such.  But at least now I can stop worrying about an app password
and just lock the phone, which is overall protection.  Excellent!

I am so appreciative of having this group to turn to with helpful
Knowledgeable Ones like you and Ken!  And now I need to learn how to
"speak" smartphone.