On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Diane <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I keep asking:  Is this better/preferable to a password app thingie?

What password app thingie?  Are you talking about a Google App Password?
You only need a Google App Password if the software package/device you are
using to connect to you Google account/Gmail does not understand 2SV.  Your
Android phone understands 2SV because it asked for a verification code when
you signed in.  You do not need to worry about a Google App Password.

> On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 9:25:55 AM UTC-7, Jeff Grossman wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 5:08 AM, DEP/Dodo <depf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I meant trust the new phone (not computer).
>>>
>>>  My expectation was that I would at least have to input my password
>>> because of 2SV if I opted to "trust" the computer and not require a verif.
>>> code.
>>>

>> It doesn't work that way with Gmail on the phone.  You never have to put
>> in your password again once you do it.  If you want to make it so nobody
>> can get into Gmail on your phone, you will need to put in a lock code on
>> your phone.
>>
> *What* doesn't work that way with Gmail on the phone?

There is no way to trust the device in Gmail on the phone.  Once you sign
in the first time your device is automatically trusted and you no longer
have to enter in a password or a verification code.

Jeff