Diane,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:32 PM, DEP/Dodo <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 9:43 PM, Jeff Grossman <j...@stikman.com> wrote:
>
>> Personally I wouldn't reply on the same line as the previous person's
>> comment and make it bold.  It is sometimes difficult to see which is your
>> new text and which is the previous person's comment.  Any new comments you
>> add should always be on their own line.
>> ​  *So this doesn't work for you?  To me, it's clear who wrote what.
>> However, I wouldn't want to do this past one reply as here.*​

This is an inline reply.  If you notice I hit enter in the middle of the
quoted text and putting my reply in between two parts of the quoted text.
If you see, your text is mixed completely in with the quoted text and
sometimes hard to see that you typed in a reply.  Mine does not have the
vertical bars signifying that it is quoted text because it is not.

Honestly I did not even see you had typed anything above until after I
started typing this.  Because it is part of the quoted text I missed it.

> When a reply is not inline, it is either top posted (your reply is above
>> the quote) or bottom posted (your reply is below the quote).  An inline
>> reply is when your replies are in the middle of the quoted text.
>>
> ​I'm not clear on your explanation of "inline," Jeff.​  "In the middle of
> the quoted text"?  I did understand Marko's statement,
> ​
> ​"​
> If you wish to do an inline reply, simply select the text you want to
> quote then hit the Reply button. There will be just one line at the top and
> your reply will begin below the quoted text.​
> ​"  I will assume that's what you meant.  If not, please reply.

By typing part of the reply in the middle of the quoted text is inline.  I
consider what Marko said to be bottom posting.  But, what Marko said is how
you would start to do an inline reply.  I selected the part of the e-mail I
wanted to reply to, hit Reply, found where I wanted to put in a reply, hit
enter two times and started typing.  Then I went to the bottom of the
message and typed this part of the reply.

Hope that helps.

Jeff