Hi,

"These are mailing lists that don't accept messages from non- subscribers. If you try to post to either of these kinds of groups, you'll get a bounce message from Gmane informing you of this."
The condition that gromacs' mailman uses shall be the e-mail address (correct me if I am wrong). So I think it shall be fine that posting from Gmane shall get pass through if the e-mail address is a subscriber's email.

The from-line isn't important since anybody can fake that. It's the MAIL FROM envelope in the SMTP header that matters. I don't see how Gmane could fake that and still hope to get past any spam filters (apart from violating plenty of RFCs).

Cheers,

Erik