Hello GROMACS community,

I was wondering if somebody could walk me through the process of calculating lipid order parameters (for a DMPC membrane), using the g_order analysis tool?

I've got a 5 ns trajectory and would like to make one of the classic order parameter plots:
i.e.
On the y-axis: the order parameter averaged over the entire trajectory
On the x-axis: the Carbon number, or Carbon type (C2A on one tick, C2B on the next tick, and so on . . . ).

I'm a little confused in how to set up the ndx file for this too.

Any help at all would be much appreciated!

Thank you for your time,

Arneh