Hi Mahnam,

This error message is delivered by Gromacs. There could be either of the two possibilities:

1) either you have compiled the official Gromacs-3.3 or 3.3.1 which does not yet contain the CPMD-related modifications (I guess, this is not the case), or

2) you have downloaded the right CPMD_compatible extended Gromacs-3.3 from http://comppsi.csuohio.edu/groups/qmmm.html but did not use the right preprocessor flag CPPFLAGS=-DGMX_QMMM_CPMD for configuration. If so, please first do a 'make clean' and then configure using:

./configure CPPFLAGS=-DGMX_QMMM_CPMD --with-fft=fftw2

and then 'make'. Check whether you have the file "qm_cpmd.o" in the folder 'mdlib' under 'src'. If so, then you should not have that error message. If you still have the problem you can use the 'build' script provided in the distribution.

best,
pb.