From: Mark Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org>
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] potential energy =nan
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:09:03 +1000

Sheyore Omovie wrote:
I am doing an Energy Minimisation run for two polypeptides in a box. I get the range checking error, variable ci= .... and the simulation crashes. After changing ns_type to simple, the simulation is running, but very slowly and the first few steps return Epot=nan.
What could I have done wrong?

It's hard to tell from your description, since an energy minimization is not a simulation... but please try following this general scheme http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Steps_to_Perform_a_Simulation