maria goranovic wrote:
Yes, I am using united atoms. I am looking for H-bonds between phosphate groups of lipids and the H-bonding atoms of the protein. i have used g_hbond to find the relevant intra-protein H-bonds, but need to find protein-lipid H-bonds.

I tried using g_hbond, using the protein and POPC as the two groups, but g_hbond does not detect any acceptor or donor atoms in POPC, because I get something like:

Calculating hydrogen bonds between SideChain_ARG_12 (12 atoms) and POPC (17524 atoms)
Found 3 donors and 3 acceptors

So, the question is: where are the listings for acceptor and donor atoms for using g_hbond

It seems from the first paragraph in g_hbond -h that these are hard-coded in the source code to the likely protein-only H-bonding groups.

However you should read further, because an alternative solution is described for you.