From: ANINDITA GAYEN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Electron Density Across the Lipid Bilayer
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Friday, 9 May, 2008, 5:57 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to calculate the density profile of a DMPC lipid bilayer i.e the electron density and for this I am using the g_density command:

g_density -f final.trr -s final.tpr -ei electrons.dat -o density.xvg -ed -symm
where electrons.dat contains # of electrons  for each and every atomtype defined in the system. However it reports electron density for 50slices (setup by -sl) which ranges from 0 to 60. while I want it to vary from, -30 to +30.

I read from literature that i have to shift the z values with half of my box size.

However, I have used trjconv to center the bilayer inside the box by the command,
trjconv -f traj.trr -pbc nojump -o traj1.trr -s traj.tpr
trjconv -f traj1.trr -s traj.tpr -pbc whole -center rect -o centeredtraj.trr

and then used the g_density over the centeredtraj.trr
but the problem is again the g_density is calculating the electron density over the 50slices, that means no improvement.

Kindly suggest me as to how should I proceed,
I am eagerly waiting for your reply,

Anindita Gayen

Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food. Get all this and more on Best of Yahoo! Groups.