Morteza Khabiri wrote:
Dear

I make the solution box of organic solvent. It is homeogen and mixed
properly.
It also has a minimum energy. I put one protein in this solution. Before
put the protein in the solution I minimimized it also. Now I mixed 2
system which each of them are minimized. After put the protein in the
solution I try first to minimized it then run it but unfortunately it
crashed. I did not work at all. I also tried to run the system without
minimization but it also did not work at all. I changed mdp file (

If the system crashes during minimization, I certainly wouldn't expect it to do anything but crash if you don't run EM!

eg,remove center of mass motion or decrease the temprature,..) but non of
them did work.

Usually it is better to show the .mdp file than to make us guess at what you've got...

Thats very nice of you if you guid me what should i do?

Dealing with mixed solvents can be difficult. You probably have some severe overlap that cannot be resolved by energy minimization. Usually if you set nstxout = 1 in the .mdp file you can get a glimpse of where the system begins to explode. That will provide some clues.

-Justin

Thanks

Morteza

Graduate Research Assistant