shahrbanoo karbalaee wrote:
Dear justin

 a) if  I want  to have the steady and hemogen for mix solvent  , do I
have to use this command (when I made genbox box 16.16.24 before
that)?
:editconf  -f conf.gro -bt dodecahedron -d 0.5 -o box.gro

This will not homogenize anything; it only sets up the initial system. To get a homogeneous box you have to equilibrate (sometimes for a very long time).

b) I use trjconv -pbc mol  -ur compact and then minimize .when I see
the output this part in vmd or ngmx and around X-rotate.I will see
water in top and tfe in down box and another roatation the box is
seemed hemogen ous .is it correct?

No. Using -pbc mol -ur compact is a post-processing trick to visualize. If you use the trjconv output in a simulation, it's likely to go screwy, since Gromacs determines periodicity from a triclinic unit cell.

Create your system (using -bt dodecahedron is fine, but will likely look like a rectangle in VMD or ngmx), and minimize. Use the output of the minimization for your equilibration simulations. If you want to visualize a dodecahedral box, then use trjconv, but do not use this altered file for simulations.

-Justin

about distortion ,my mean is"donot have periodicity and hemogenity"

thanks and appreiciate u

Graduate Research Assistant