vivek sharma wrote:
HI MArtin,
I am using here the infiniband having speed more than 10 gbps..Can you suggest some option to scale better in this case.

What % imbalance is being reported in the log file? What fraction of the load is being assigned to PME, from grompp? How many processors are you assigning to the PME calculation? Are you using dynamic load balancing?

All of these factors affect performance.

-Justin

With Thanks,
Vivek

2008/11/11 Martin Höfling <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

    Am Dienstag 11 November 2008 12:06:06 schrieb vivek sharma:

     > I have also tried scaling gromacs for a number of nodes ....but
    was not
     > able to optimize it beyond 20 processor..on 20 nodes i.e. 1
    processor per

    As mentioned before, performance strongly depends on the type of
    interconnect
    you're using between your processes. Shared Memory, Ethernet,
    Infiniband,
    NumaLink, whatever...

    I assume you're using ethernet (100/1000 MBit?), you can tune here
    to some
    extend as described in:

    Kutzner, C.; Spoel, D. V. D.; Fechner, M.; Lindahl, E.; Schmitt, U.
    W.; Groot,
    B. L. D. & Grubmüller, H. Speeding up parallel GROMACS on high-latency
    networks Journal of Computational Chemistry, 2007

    ...but be aware that principal limitations of ethernet remain. To
    come around
    this, you might consider to invest in the interconnect. If you can
    come out
    with <16 cores, shared memory nodes will give you the "biggest bang
    for the
    buck".

    Best
             Martin
    posting!
    www interface or send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Graduate Research Assistant