*From:* Alexandre Suman de Araujo <asara...@if.sc.usp.br>
*To:* gmx-users@gromacs.org
*Sent:* Wed, December 16, 2009 11:36:50 AM
*Subject:* Re: [gmx-users] New ion parameters and OPLS-AA

If you decide to change the ions parameters, you can use the method described here:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp064835t?prevSearch=%255Bauthor%253A%2Bde%2BAraujo%255D&searchHistoryKey <http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp064835t?prevSearch=%255Bauthor%253A%2Bde%2BAraujo%255D&searchHistoryKey>=

It is relatively fast and provide nice parameters.

Cheers

--Alexandre Suman de Araujo
Instituto de Física de São Carlos
Universidade de São Paulo
São Carlos - Brasil

Citando Reza Salari <resa...@yahoo.com <mailto:resa...@yahoo.com>>:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> While I will try that (although it seems it needs quite amount of scripting), I remember in the past some people in the mailing list mentioned problems while using nonbond_params directvie with OPLS-AA and in response it was generally suggested to avoid doing this kind of mixing. Like Dr Abraham suggestion here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gmx-users@gromacs.org/msg23147.html
>
> Have you tried this kind of mixing for OPLS successfully, without being overridden by the default rules?
>
> The main thing that I am still unsure about is how the previously mentioned paper converted the sigma values for different combination rules. It seems that there must be a relatively direct way to do this without going through the re-parametrization process.
>
> Regards,
> Reza Salari

David.
David van der Spoel, PhD, Professor of Biology
Husargatan 3, Box 596,          75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:  46 18 471 4205          fax: 46 18 511 755
sp...@xray.bmc.uu.se    sp...@gromacs.org   http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel