abdullah ahmed wrote:
Hello,

I would like to restrain my molecule to a specific position in space. I would like for certain atoms to lie on the y-axis. To do this I used the following code/lines in my .top file:

[ position restraints ]

This is an incorrect directive.  It should be position_restraints.

2 1 1000 0 1000 ;
3 1 1000 0 1000 ;
4 1 1000 0 1000 ;
5 1 1000 0 1000 ;
6 1 1000 0 1000 ;
7 1 1000 0 1000 ;
8 1 1000 0 1000 ;
9 1 1000 0 1000 ;

Unfortunately, after minimization my file contained the molecule in the same position as when the restraints were not applied.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Perhaps the directive name is an issue, although I think grompp should have raised a warning of some sort. Otherwise, is this block within the appropriate [moleculetype] in the topology? Is it under control of an #ifdef block that you haven't invoked in the .mdp file?

-Justin

Thanks in advance,
Abdullah

Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now. <https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>