Sai Pooja wrote:

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalem...@vt.edu <mailto:jalem...@vt.edu>> wrote:

    Sai Pooja wrote:

        Hi,
         I want to change the non-bonded parameters to modify the
        interaction between water molecules and protein molecules.
         I am using CHARMM forcefield with Tip3p water.
         The ffnonbonded.itp file of the forcefield has non-bonded
        parameters for tip3p water. Can I achieve the above by changing
        these parameters?

    That depends on your definition of "modify," but yes, in a way, you
can make changes here. 1) Modify - Multiply sigma and epsilon by a constant

        If yes, will this also change the non-bonded parameters for
        water - water interaction?

2) Is there a way to add a new ifdef perhaps such that a modified sigma and epsilon can be used for water-protein interactions and the unmodified parameters can be used for water-water interactions?

Nonbonded interactions are calculated during the simulation by applying the combination rules defined by the force field. There is no simple way to do this with an ifdef, since that is just in the topology. You can't conditionally apply nonbonded parameters. That just sounds like a recipe for breaking a force field.

-Justin

Pooja

    Yes.

    -Justin

        Pooja

-- Quaerendo Invenietis-Seek and you shall discover.

    MILES-IGERT Trainee
    jalemkul[at]vt.edu <http://vt.edu/> | (540) 231-9080

    Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
    interface or send it to gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org
    <mailto:gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org>.