Gavin Melaugh wrote:
Hi
Having tried to run grompp using the data below I keep getting the
following error
Fatal error:
Unknown vsiten type 7
Does anyone know why this might be?

Your [virtual_sites] directive is not correct, either in its name (no such thing as "virtual_sitesn" - the "n" should be replaced by a digit indicating the type) or in the contents. See manual section 5.2.2.

-Justin

Gavin

Gavin Melaugh wrote:
Hi

I am trying to alter a topology to include 3 virtual sites and I have a
few queries, the answers to which are not obvious form the manual.
Do I declare the virtual sites in the atomtypes directive like so

;type mass charge ptype sigma(nm) epsilon(kjmol-1)
   CB     12.011000      0.000000       A      0.355000      0.292880
   CA     12.011000     -0.115000       A      0.355000      0.292880
VS1 0.0 0.0 V 0.0 0.0 VS2 0.0 0.0 V 0.0 0.0 VS3 0.0 0.0 V 0.0 0.0

Do I give them an index number in the atoms directive e.g.

[atoms]
; atomnr  type   resnr  residue   name    cgnr     charge     mass
    1      CA       1   CGE        CA       1     -0.1150     12.0110
    2      CB       1   CGE        CB       1      0.0000     12.0110
    3      CA       1   CGE        CA       2     -0.1150     12.0110
    4      CB       1   CGE        CB       2      0.0000     12.0110
    5      CA       1   CGE        CA       3     -0.1150     12.0110
  229      VS1      2   VIR        VS1     85      0.0000      0.0000
  230      VS2      3   VIR        VS2     86      0.0000      0.0000
  231      VS3      4   VIR        VS3     87      0.0000      0.0000

Then if I want to set up a virtual site between the COG of 3 atoms do I
do it in the following way

[virtual_sitesn]
;site COG of three hydrogens at window
;site  i     j    k    func
229    7    40   58    1
230   10    25   55    1
231   28    37   52    1

Cheers

Gavin

Gavin Melaugh wrote:
Hi Sikandar

A couple of questions regarding the virtual sites.
1) Do I have to number the virtual site in accordance with the atom
indices of the rest of the molecule?
2) Is the parameters for the virtual site declared in the atomtypes
directive?

Cheers

Gavin

Sikandar Mashayak wrote:
 in doing so .. by default all pair interactions with virtual sites
would result in zero forces except those between atoms defined in
[nonbond_params]

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Sikandar Mashayak