constraint_algorithm =  lincs

From looking at the manual, I figured that angle and bond constraints would all be done by LINCS if I had done (A):

pdb2gmx -vsite none
constraints = h-angles
(a combination that I have never tried)

But when I use (B):

pdb2gmx -vsite hydrogen
constraints = all-bonds

It seems possible to me that LINCS is not used but instead the position of the atom is simply built from a mathematical function. Perhaps this all stems from my lack of thorough understanding of LINCS, but it seems to me that there need be no iteration to simply place an atoms based on virtual_sites3 (which are constructed by pdb2gms -hydrogen)

For now, I'll simply add a line to state that I built virtual sites for hydrogen atoms to make it clear, but I'd still like to understand the difference between options A and B, above, if you have some time.

Thank you again,
Chris.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM, chris.neale at utoronto.ca <