On 31/10/2011 11:29 PM, Kavyashree M wrote:
Hello,

System Admin said that the Job fails on 32 and 128 because memory
is insufficient for each task, so upon increasing the nodes, data gets
distributed across more number of nodes and each node gets less
memory occupancy and he also mentioned that he was able to run
on 512 nodes but it was giving error for not having sufficient data for
512 nodes.

That combination of observations is inconceivable. 60K atom simulations run just fine on 32 nodes in coprocessor or virtual-node mode, and I'd bet 600K atoms is also fine.

I have run the same job on 8 nodes in i7 machine.

A very rough rule of thumb is that at least about a thousand atoms per processor is enough to make that number of processors worth using.

Mark

Thank you
With Regards
Kavya