On 12/01/2012 5:45 PM, bharat gupta wrote:
It says that "The number of cores must be a multiple of the number of replicas (given with |-multi|, which must equal the number of .tpr <http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/Topology_%28.tpr%29_File> files i.e., 10 for the above general example using |prefix_0.tpr| through |prefix_9.tpr|)"

I gave the options -multi 5 . But still I am getting the same error. Can you please explain, why is it so. Do I need to have the same no. of cores as the no. of .tpr files ??

You can't be getting an identical error, the numbers are different now.

If mdrun is reporting the number of nodes is 1, then you have not configured your MPI environment correctly so that it knows how many processors you have available. You will need to solve this by reading your MPI documentation.

If you have only four processors, you will not be able to run efficient REMD on five replicas, even if you can work out how to get MPI to over-allocate MPI processes to your physical processors.

Please copy and paste command line and error together, so that people who might help don't feel like they might be wasting their time guessing. They have other things to do. Your example input below did not produce your error below, because 20 != 3.

Mark