Steven Neumann wrote:

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalem...@vt.edu <mailto:jalem...@vt.edu>> wrote:

    Steven Neumann wrote:

        Dear Justin and Gmx Users,

        I run a pulling of my ligand away from my protein with the same
        mdp file and I obtained two different plots - Force vs time (The
        breaking point occured at different times with different force).
        Can you please explain?

    If you change the stiffness of the spring, you change the magnitude
    of the applied force.  Thus, the behavior you see will occur either
    faster or slower, depending on the strength of the spring.

    -Justin

So how can I change the stiffness of my spring?

By changing pull_k1. I thought that's what you meant you had already done, but I can see now that my interpretation wasn't correct. Understand the SMD is a non-equilibrium, path-dependent process. I don't know what you're pulling from what, but if the interactions are slightly different along the dissociation pathway, the forces are different because the path is different.

MILES-IGERT Trainee