On 7/04/2012 12:15 AM, bipin singh wrote:
When we mention
gen_vel=no ;And provide pdb as input with no velocities

As mentioned in the manual:
"The velocities are set to zero when there are no velocities in the input structure file"

Please elaborate what does this sentence mean.

Each atom must have a velocity in a *dynamical* simulation. If there is no instruction for what values to use (i.e. not generated or supplied), zero is used. Integration proceeds from there, and this may or may not be stable, and certainly will not have the desired temperature (yet)...

Mark