On 8/5/12 12:16 PM, juanjuan0618 wrote:
I'm sorry to disturb you again.
The previous questions have been solved. I delete the [ atomtypes ]
description in the CO2.itp file and then the error is removed.
But I have another question to ask you, can you tell me the meaning of
molname, nrexcl, resnr and residue in the itp files, I read the manual, but

molname = molecule type name
nrexcl = number of bonds that determine exclusions
resnr = residue number

I could not understand the directions. What is the number of CO2's nrexcl?
And the other question is when  running "mdrun", it prompts me
      Fatal error:
      More than one settle type.
      Suggestion: change the least use settle constraints into 3 normal
constraints.
   What should I do to solve this question?

You're using the SETTLE algorithm for both CO2 and water. You can't do that. You should probably construct the CO2 molecule in a more robust way, i.e.:

http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/vsites/index.html

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist