On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Yeah, at first I was pretty happy with this announcement, but now I'm
> thinking it's just a form of censorship.  They have no right to tell
> me what sites I visit.  If I were a customer of theirs, I'd be paying
> for *Internet* access.  That means the whole Internet.  Not just the
> sites that they've deemed safe for me to visit.

They have every right to tell you what sites you can or cannot get to.
You're signing up for their service, not the other way around.  You have
no "rights" to anything outside of what your contract says you have right
to... and even then, the contract usually says 'we have the right to
change this at any time'.

And likewise, you have every right to say "Sorry, you don't deserve my
money anymore".

Ben

--

                So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
                  Farewell remorse: all good to me is lost;