On Monday, August 19, 2002, at 01:16  PM, Ben Boulanger wrote:

> http://www.informationwave.net/news/20020819riaa.php
>
> IWT Bans RIAA From Accessing Its Network
>
> August 19, 2002
>
> Information Wave Technologies has announced...

You left out the coolest part!

" Information Wave will also deploy peer-to-peer clients on the Gnutella
network from its security research and development network (honeynet)
which will offer files with popular song titles derived from the
Billboard Top 100 maintained by VNU eMedia. No copyright violations will
take place, these files will merely have arbitrary sizes similar to the
length of a 3 to 4 minute MP3 audio file encoded at 128kbps. Clients
which connect to our peer-to-peer clients, and then afterwards attempt
to illegally access the network will be immediately blacklisted from
Information Wave's network. The data collected will be actively
maintained and distributed from our network operations site."

Erik

--
Erik Price

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]