[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Agreed, and in most cases where you need to deal with arrays of
> hashes of hashes, or hashes of arrays of hashes, etc. you're probably
> better off using something like C.
>
> Of course, if you've mucked about with this type of thing long
> enough, it becomes rather natural and understandable, and therefore,
> simpler to deal with than using C.

I've been avoiding getting involved with this thread because I
consider Derek's whole line of reasoning to be pretty innane, but I
thought I'd comment on this issue.

In my opinion, after you learn how to use references in Perl, and
after you learn how to use lists of refs and hashes of refs, you'll
cry the next time that you have to implement anything similar in
C/C++/Java.

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)