Return the card & get a different brand.

A friend of mine just got a Linksys card & hub.  She couldn't get it
working, so she asked my help.  She ended up getting another brand card
& is working fine.

Once you get wireless, you'll miss it elsewhere.  I can't imagine a
laptop without it.

For the details:

        She brought her laptop over & tried it with my addtron hub.
Worked, but it didn't listen for the DHCP server.  It just grabbed an
address.

I brought my laptop (addtron card) over to her place & got an address off her hub.  I
also had the card from my wife's laptop (compaq) and got that working.

So, we loaded the drivers on her laptop & got the compaq card working.
I installed drivers on my laptop & got her card working on my machine.

I tried reinstalling her drivers for the linksys card too.  Still
didn't work.  Even got the updated drivers off the web site.

So, she returned the card, got a different brand, & everything's
working.  Yep, the linksys card should've worked, but why spend another
minute on it when you have a solution that works?

FWIW, I like the compaq card better then the addtron.  It works with
Netstumbler.  The addtron works with kismet though.

I should mention that all this testing was done using WinXP :-/

OB unix: ok, my DHCP server is NetBSD
OB Linux: my laptop is dual boot.  I usually run Mandrake 8.2.  WinXP
boots faster though :-(

-------
Tom Buskey