> heh heh... You mean there's something wrong with mounting a mail spool??
> ;-) Actually, the plan is to install an extremely large EDA/PCB design
> system on a central server and allow clients to run the design tools
> from clients. That way, the software doesn't need to be installed on
> every single client.

This is exactly the situation I'm in. In case you don't know, I work for
AMD, and we happen to do a lot of this sort of thing, beleive it or not :)

How many clients are you talking about? I would strongly reccomend
looking into some sort of network attached storage device. We use Network
Appliance machines. At my previous employer we started out with a pair of
Suns and hardware raid 5, then went over to the NetApps. They just serve
files for a living, and they do it well.

My $0.02 (and no, I don't have NetApp stock).

--rdp

--
Rich Payne
http://talisman.mv.com