In a message dated: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:32:31 EDT
[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, at 2:23pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I want to mirror all the file systems on all 4 drives ...
>
>  AFAIK, this is not supported in the Linux "md" driver.  It should be
>pretty easy to do, but it has not been done.

Actually, it does work.  It may not be officially supported, I don't
know, but I know it's currently being used.

>  Anyway, booting from a mirror set is possible, but you need special
>support for it.  Red Hat, for example, distributes a patched LILO which
>understands a RAID-1 "md" device.  I have no idea how/if GRUB supports RAID.

I know the kernel also needs "autodetection" enabled, however I can't
seem to find that option in the kernel config.  Anyone know where
that is?
--

Seeya,
Paul